I picked this up at Sephora many moons ago, and after my recent trip to Vegas (my skin felt awful), I thought now was the time to try it. This is a single use mask, and I have to say, it was an interesting purchase.
I kept it in the fridge all this time, so it felt heavenly on my skin. It is a two-piece mask (top half of face, and bottom half) that is easy to apply, and has you looking like one of the Jabbawockeez. The texture feels as though it is a gel, but thankfully nothing is left on your face to remove afterwards.
Some ingredients it includes:
- Hyaluronic Acid- Widely used in skincare, and comes in different forms. It addresses aging concerns
- Olive Leaf Extract- I put the drops in my beverages; kills bacteria within the body. It is supposed to help with skin issues when applied topically (but I think I will stick to the drops).
- Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract- This ingredient is derived from a tree, and is said to be absorbed quickly and help brighten the skin.
- Portulaca Oleracea- Soothing to the skin, and is a source of essential vitamins.
- Cranberry Fruit Extract- Said to affect the skin’s elasticity.
*All in all, these ingredients set out to moisturize, soothe, and address skin issues. The product also includes witch hazel and nixes alcohol, but there is the presence of parabens (while widely used in products, I am still going to hope for a world of products without parabens).
So in the end, I wasn’t the ideal test subject based on my skin state, but it felt great, and with repeated use has potential.
– Erica O.