I am back from vacation and I have a list of things to report.
First off, I think I may have found the ultimate sunscreen for those with cystic acne!
…but I have been living in a more humid climate for too long. I didn’t account for the dry, desert heat as I should have, and I am still trying to normalize my skin
Anyways, I purchased Live Live Sunscreen with MSM because EVERY other sunscreen I have used has promised to be non-comedogenic, and has turned out not to be.
- Comes with MSM (sulfur)- Works well in the treatment of cystic acne
- Feels moist when applying
- A little goes a long way
- Zinc oxide!
- All natural
- Didn’t break out during the trip
- Never burned
- Has a slight orange scent
- Contains other nourishing and repairing ingredients such as: grapeseed extract, vitamin E, sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, aloe extract, etc.
- Isn’t tinted (which I would like to cover scars)
- A higher priced sunscreen
*The only problem is I can’t isolate the intense drying effect I had. I also use other products that contain sulfur, was subjected to the dry Vegas heat, was surrounded by smoke, and had a lack of sleep. With all of these elements stacked against me, it is easy to think the change in my skin was the result of a combination of reasons.
Things about skin I learned for my next Vegas trip:
- Even if you grew up in dry heat, don’t forget your skin can change quickly in the climate
- I now understand why people pay those high Vegas spa prices
- Bring your heavy duty moisturizers
- Pay close attention to your eyes and lips
Other things I would recommend:
- Sunscreen always- Even if it is overcast; even for a short time
- I used a zinc oxide sunscreen spray with aloe for my body- Quick, easy, and has a moisturizing effect
- Bring a hat and shades
- Re-apply sunscreen, and be sure to pay close attention to tattoos, scars, and so on
- Follow up with nourishing products- Cocoa butter, aloe, etc.
- Remember to take off your silver jewelry. The sulfur will tarnish it
Overall, if you have similar issues with sunscreen, I would try it. Let me know what you think.
– Erica O.